Job description – Office Admin
Working part of a team that ensures the centre, its equipment and associated grounds are safe, welcoming, clean, and ensuring full accessibility to the number of diverse user groups that regularly access the community centre for social, family, cultural, and other uses.
Keyholder for the premises.
Will be required to work alone and responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the community centre in absence of the Manager, when on duty the post holder will be the primary face for community centre users and will respond to the needs and requests for those users so far as is practical, legal, and affordable.
The post holder will ensure that groups use the centre within the terms and conditions as set out by the Trust. A high level of customer service will be maintained whilst liaising with users and building relationships to allow the centre to run smoothly for everyone.
Will be expected to take note of and report any defects or maintenance issues in and around the building and act where required. A variety of office duties will form a good part of the position, including some cash handling. The post requires a good level of commitment, teamwork, and flexibility over a range of tasks from office admin to sometimes cleaning.
- You must have relevant skill sets or experience for the role
- Flexibility – able to be available for the times and days including occasional weekend cover/holidays
- Used to working alone and ability to respond to situations
- Very good communication skills verbal and written
- Use MS Office such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Physically fit – role can require occasional lifting and carrying of heavy object such as table and chairs.